Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thing #5

I've never heard anything about the RSS before and I think it's great. Think of the time it will save you because you don't have to go to each site. I can't wait to share this with my friends. You can control what news you want to be sent to you reader. It really it is like Netflix. I love it! I have to say it is very overwhelming, but interesting. I read many specifics about the cap and trade from the Obama administration and the economic impact of the changing climate. I would have never heard from the evening news. It was an eye opening article from the New York Times that makes me very concerned about the future.

2 comments:

  1. One of the best features of the RSS feed is the ability to skip over items that don't apply/interest you. I sometimes go through a whole list of titles without reading one. Then I can spend time on the few that really catch my eye. Spend a little time each day checking your feed, or you'll end up with a long list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on these RSS feeds! I can't believe I didn't know about it sooner! I spend so much time "surfing" the web and never realized that I can make it all come to me! I liked the analogy the video gave of Netflix vs. the video store- it really does come to you! I plan on using the feeds to find ideas for my classroom as well as my personal life. I think i have shared it with everyone! Why didn't someone tell us about this sooner!?!?

    ReplyDelete