Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thing # 4

I really enjoyed reading the different blogs and found them very motivating. I spent a lot of time just exploring each blog. It was fun just playing! Some blogs were very professional and others seemed to be more casual. I really got some wonderful ideas of things that I would love to try in the classroom. I think the thing that struck me the most was that you can make your blog what you need it to me. You can create it to meet the needs of your students. I loved reading the comments about using blogging in the classroom with old routines (self selected reading) but with a new twist. I was touched deeply when I read Patrick's Update. I thought this would be a perfect idea for my new job At Risk Coordinator. I felt this was something I could do with my students next year that could really make a difference in their lives. I can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. I also like that you can make your blog fit your needs whether they be family, personal or school related. Using this with At Risk students is a great idea. Blogging their thoughts is a powerful way of expressing themselves and it is so "in".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick's Update also touched me. It should make us all wonder what we do to encourage or discourage the students we work with. Will your new position be for the district or at a specific school? I had a lot of problems going from one link to another. There were some terrific ideas to remember. Best wishes with your new position!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like blogging will be very powerful with At Risk students. I bet you will have great success. Do you think you will miss being in the regular classroom? I really feel like this will help me in my own classroom. It will be great to use this much technology with my students. It will give a twist on the old things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was glad to see Patrick finished out the year on a positive note. You using this with At Risk students is a great idea. I think blogging to express concerns would be good for a lot of students. Sometimes things can look good on the outside and we don't know what is going on inside. As Risk Coordinator will you be working with students from several campuses? Will you create a one blog that all the kids will be able to join or one for each campus? Just wondering!

    ReplyDelete