Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thing # 21

I had no idea Google had so many useful tools for home and school. Google Earth can be used in so many subjects especially social studies and science. It's great for school, but I just loved looking at all the wonderful pictures. Once I got on I was addicted and couldn't get off! But when I started working with the Google Calendar I found a tool that will be very useful to me. It's great for me to use at home with my family's busy schedule. I'm going to share this with my son to help him keep his school deadlines and schedules up to date. I already received a reminder on my email from my calendar. I love it! I this is something that will help to keep an unorganized person organized. Next year I will have to schedule times for 6th, 7th and 8th students to work with me. I will also need to meet with their teachers during their planning times and schedule parent conferences. Having so many different schedules to work around the Google Calendar will help me to see the BIG picture on the screen. Sharing my calendar with the testing coordinator and my principal will really help in planning. I also think it's great the way you can pick what people see on the calendar you share. This way they know when you are available, but don't have to know the details of what you are doing. Now, about iGoogle. I couldn't believe how easy and fun this was to use. I created my page then played around trying to add and delete different things. I think this will be something that I will continue to change. I'm sure this could be used in the classroom to create a class page or let the students create their own page. I can't wait to share this with some of my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment