Monday, July 13, 2009

Summary

Well, I have truly enjoyed this course. I have to admit I felt very unsure about everything at first but I was happily surprised at everything I accomplished. I learned so much that will help in both my personal and professional life. I learned about so many tools that I never knew were out there. I'm really excited about trying the new things I've learned with my students next year. I don't think I could pick a favorite tool because there are so many. I'm really enjoying the calendar and I love getting the reminders on my email. I had so much fun with the gadgets on igoole and my daughter has already made a page of her own after seeing mine. Google Docs is really going to be helpful for my son in high school so he can get to his documents from any computer. I struggled with some of the first few lessons, but they really built upon each other and helped me with the assignments later on. The list of resources and ways to use each one are way too long for me list. I loved the way the class was set up so I could work at my own pace. This was nice especially since I was teaching this summer. The discovery exercised before the learning activities really helped. The videos from you tube were very helpful and seemed to put everything together. My first goal for next year is for my at risk students to create their own blogs and maybe igoole accounts. I know I need to take it one step at a time, but I think this will help me to continue my learning. I think this will give my students a place to feel safe and share what's going on in their life at home and at school. Something they can be proud of. I am so glad I took this class. I did have some frustrating moments and spent many long hours on the computer, but in the long run I learned so much. The work.......turned into fun and I didn't want to get off the computer. I would recommend this class to anyone. Thanks to everyone for their help.

1 comment: