Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing #20

This was really different and new to me. I guess I'm behind the rest of the world because I'm still using Appleworks for everything. I really like the fact that on Google Docs you can get to your documents on any computer. I don't have to worry if I remembered to bring my flash drive with me or not. This will make working together and sharing among students and teacher so much easier. The first document I decided to make was an agenda for me to follow on a staff development day. This will also be easy to update or change when I meet or should I talk with the other presentor. We don't have to meet, but can still work together on the same project.
I'm excited because I think the spreadsheet is going to really be a big help next year. I think this is what I will use to track and monitor the progress of my at risk students. I can make different spreadsheets for different subgroups. The best thing about this is part of my job is to work closely with the testing coordinator and this will be perfect. The testing coordinator, principal and I can all look at the spreadsheets anytime we want to monitor progress. I will also have several parent education meetings covering inclusion, TAKS, tutoring and mentoring. I think the presentations will help me to prepare and present the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment