Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing # 19

I've never hear of a voicethread until now. I think this has great potential for learning in the classroom. I love the idea of setting up an account for your class. When I was watching several voicethreads I thought what a great way for students to share their learning. I think it takes learning to a higher level. A voicethread not only adds technology to the learning, but promotes higher order thinking. The Venn Diagram where the students share their learning about the human body was fantastic. This would be great to share with parents or even another grade level. We have book buddies at our school and I think this would be a great activity for the older students to help the younger students complete. Every year our third grade team works on two large social studies projects. The first is a Pilgrim simulation and the second is on the history of Mesquite. I think I would start using a voicethread with these two units and then branch out to something a little more difficult. I think this class did an awesome job showing that geometry is all around us. Check out their voicethread. I think this will be a fun tool to use in the class for any subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment